Online ordering and daily shipments have become a way of life for countless residents. You enjoy the benefit of having packages delivered right at your door, but there is a drawback. Those parcels on your doorstep are enticements to potential burglars. Porch piracy continues to be a serious concern, but you are able to do something about it by installing a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These surveillance instruments are great tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they do so much more.
Take a minute to learn more about how they work and why they’re sure to become a crucial facet of your smart home.
Benefits of a Kalamazoo video doorbell
Manufactured in wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a range of innovative features, and the technology keeps progressing. You now have the ability to set up detection zones, talk to whoever’s on your porch, and obtain instant alerts whenever an item is delivered.
The easiest way to understand how a Kalamazoo video doorbell camera works is to delve into the numerous benefits it can provide. Think about the following features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t find this on every model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in deterring burglary with warning lights and audible alerts. This is a great way to let thieves know that you are watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You deserve to see the whole picture, and that consists of the faces of people on your porch and packages on the ground. Video doorbells with superior 180-degree field of vision give you a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid streams no matter the hour: What’s the benefit of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are blurry and hard to see? Leading models will include incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Delivery alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You can receive instant alerts from video doorbells capable of differentiating between people and boxes.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is someone standing at your main entry? Two-way audio allows you to ask their purpose for being there. You can even take advantage of this handy feature to frighten off people loitering around your porch.
- Cut down on false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to customize detection zones. Clearly defining the area to be viewed will help you cut down on false alarms triggered by pets or pedestrians.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home provides you the opportunity to view current and archived video right from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you may interact with them directly from your mobile device, no matter where you are. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, show you what’s occurring, and even let you talk with the individual at your door. These devices have turned into must-haves in terms of security and convenience.