How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Kalamazoo smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a single unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in complete command of your Kalamazoo home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and explore suggestions to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Kalamazoo do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. When integrating a video doorbell, you can even chat with visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you total remote operation with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can perform:
- Check real-time or saved footage from all connected surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Kalamazoo by setting schedules or creating preferences. For example, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a specified time. Or, you can add preferences like having your front door unlock when the smoke detector triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just follow these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be inside your home and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open window will prompt you to take action. Note that you can still arm your home’s security by following the above steps. You will then need to verify you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Kalamazoo
Despite the fact that many users can be set up when you first get your system, you may want to add another user in the future. Here’s how it’s done.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote access, choose email or phone and enter the information to send an invite.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, simply go to the menu, press users, select the user you want to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Kalamazoo security system. Contact (269) 280-0186 to get started.